Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

If Your Heart Ain't In It

© 2010 Mark Cote

You smiled at me and showed me the world
A lot to take for a country girl
promises are they ever written in stone
is a diamond you give just a rhinestone

(chorus) If I can't be your number one
                baby you can count me gone
                if I'm only your second best
                you're never gonna pass the test
                'cause if your heart ain't in it
                then lets just call it quits

Get lost in the arms of the one you love
in time we learn through push and shove
if the hands that are warm through the day
don't go cold when it's gone away

I want much more than what I can see
and if that's what you want, then baby stay with me

(chorus)

(instrumental)

This isn't a one night rodeo
we're going the distance come on lets go
saddle up cowboy ready to ride
watch your step it's a bumpy ride

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment