Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Butterfly



© 2014 Mark Cote

I'd been searching what seemed a lifetime
relenting she lives in my dreams
my heart made a sound
when you came around
Hoping you feel the same

I know you're stepping out on your own
but since we've met I just want you to know
my heart is for you
if it's me who you choose
if it's not may only love come to you

(chorus) heart flies
                sunny days
                butterfly
                don't fly away
                I'll never hold you down
                but blessed if you would stay...
                rainbow eyes
                look at me
                thought my heart was blind
                but now I see...

many souls that you can choose from
and may my words not scare you away
but I think I've found
I won't look around
'til you decide my heart will just wait

we all walk on this path alone
friends and lovers may come and go
you've touched my soul
even when I grow old
I'll remember that for all time

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment