Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Man Upstairs



© 2014 Mark Cote

Where we live we may call it home
but for me I feel so all alone
like a ghost in one's own home town
searching for the dream I have not found

If I erase your struggle erase your strife
pave a path for a better life
put you on the road with no more debts
an open road with no past regrets

(chorus) The man upstairs he saw it all
                    he saw the rise and he saw the fall
                    I now have the strength for standing tall
                    the man upstairs he saw it all
                    the man upstairs he saw it all

Dart in a map where will I begin
so many faces where will I fit in
like a bird I now am free
I cast my ship out upon the sea

in another town another state
maybe overseas will be my fate
packing up now I'm on the mend
like a willow I learned to bend

(chorus)

now I feel the sun it warms my face
gentle laughter a soft embrace
in her love I find a home
found something I had never known

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment