Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Slings And Arrows


© 2018 Mark Cote

I'm not perfect
neither are you
we all stumble sometimes
that's just what we do

don't look at someone
with your tainted eyes
we have to heal ourself
before looking outside

if we open our hearts
and open our minds
we'll find that strength
hidden deep inside

(chorus) I'll weather those slings and arrows
                  but won't throw them back
                  won't throw them back
                  I know the road is narrow
                  but I won't turn back
                  won't turn to go back

we lash out in anger
lash out in fear
learning to be mortal
part of why we're here

don't feed that fire
is something I have learned
when you play with fire
we all will get burned

(chorus)
(instrumental)

we need love most
after we fall
bitterness stings
and builds up a wall

times like this
we sink or swim
learn to rise up
or the tide pulls us in

(chorus)

I'm not perfect
neither are you
we all stumble sometimes
that's just what we do


No comments:

Post a Comment