Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2019

I Can't Do This Anymore


© 2013 Mark Cote

empty hollow hallway
treading there without a sound
I remember the fight
we had last night
don't have the strength for a go-around

in the faded pictures
I see what I used to be
I lived for the fun
my heart was so young
how I miss what was left of me

(chorus) I
                  can't fight within this bubble
                  the more I do the more I crumble
                  in this endless struggle
                  I can only reach the floor
                  why
                  spiraling in deeper
                  all I get is weaker
                  one thing that looks clearer is
                  I can't do this anymore
                  no I can't do this anymore

(instrumental)

colors all come clearer
every facet shows within the light
where is the you I knew
do you see it too
did we blind our hearts to see

(chorus)


2 comments: