Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Somebody Else's Tears

© 2021 Mark Cote


Yesterday is gone

but my heart won't let go

memories may fade

but the pain remains


couldn't find a way

to let it out

in the sunny days

the darkness shouts


(chorus) in the rain

                  in the sun

                  I can't help it

                  something is wrong

                  If I could erase

                  all those years

                 If I only had

                  somebody else's tears 


Don't speak her name

she has moved on

I will do the same

down this bumpy road


I'll find that spark

that drowns the night

what once was wrong

now feels so right


(chorus)

(instrumental)


scars make us who we are

we learn and grow

a shooting star




No comments:

Post a Comment