Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Angel's Tears

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. Been through so much pain in such a short time
    Like a hill of broken glass that I must climb
    What's the reason that I suffer, and am all alone?
    Surrounded by people with hearts of stone

(chorus) What can I say when it falls on deaf ears?
                Cry a rainy day, an Angels tears
                Can't see through your anger and all that you fear
                So on a rainy day an angels tears

2. Thought I'd found a place my soul could cry
    On a moonlit beach through a musical sigh
    A tempo calmed my soul I can't deny
    It's all inside my head so I keep it inside
(chorus)

3. I reached out to you but you're too far
    Like trying to catch a shooting star
    I reach out to another wherever you are
    A nurse to mend these bleeding scars

(tag) I'll let them cry for a million years
         for all my pain an angels tears

No comments:

Post a Comment