Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coldest Summer

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. As the ocean crashes, it doesn't make a sound
    Palm trees growing in shallow ground
    Plumeria bloom to hollow eyes
    A Tropical breeze a mournful sigh

(chorus) The coldest summer on the 4th of July
                cold enough to make you cry
                bitter winds hit my soul
                The coldest summer you'll ever know

2. The loving sun is too bright to take
    instead of the surf, I'll settle for the wake
    sand that used to cradle my feet
    now scorches from the heat
(chorus)

3. on a crowded beach I now feel all alone
    a lonely Beach Boy on an island of stone
    to surf the waves would be riding on tears
    since the Surfer Girl is gone and I am still here
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment