Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

License To Quill

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. a bird's song, a love gone wrong
    if I so desire
    a tablet and, a feathered pen
    is all that I require

    you never know, where I'll go
    when it all hits
    a line here, a verse there
    as long as it fits

(chorus) I have a license to quill with pen in hand
                a creative will an idea to expand
                inspire me, annoy me
                I have a license to quill

2. a summer dream, eyes that gleam
    inspire me most
    or a moonlit night, by firelight
    down on the coast

    dreamy girls with wavy curls
    only in my mind
    a friend I know, a warming glow
    with words so kind
(chorus)

3. an angry tone, cold as stone
    there's a song there too
    with a rhyme give it time
    and I'll bring it to you

    all alone, friends have flown
    a very dark place
    cry in a verse, my universe
    brings a smile to my face
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment