Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

God Only Knows The Truth

© 2010 Mark Cote

I give a rose I get back thorns
stay away is now what he warns
her sweet voice
her voice is all that they should know

so much easier to live the lie
than to try a little bit of humble pie
pride you trade in
you trade pride in for your very soul

(chorus) as long as my voice goes unheard
                your voice is the dirty word
                God only knows
                God only knows the truth
                the wall around you of barbed tongues
                blind men shooting their empty guns
                God only knows
                God only knows the truth

(instrumental)

this private prison you put me in
as bambi smiles at me an evil grin
and you alone
you alone is the one who holds the key

you keep your fears I'll keep my sadness
paranoia is it's own madness
a dish that's best
a dish that's best eaten all alone

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment