Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

I Don't Think That Way

© 2011 Mark Cote

I won't
say what you want me to say
follow when they walk that way
I don't think that way

I'm just
trying to keep it real
saying the way I feel
I don't think that way

(chorus) and I know
                I may travel the path alone
                but my heart's not cold as stone
                and by the time you think you know
                I'll be gone
                I don't think that way

I don't
color between the lines
the lines I draw are mine
and I'm not colorblind

and if
I don't dress the way you do
I see a different hue
I walk in different shoes


(bridge) 2 tone blurs of empty words
                try to feed complacency
                not the taste that I need
                just redundancy

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment