Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Beerdrops In Her Wine

© 2011 Mark Cote

perfume and pearls stepped out of the night
something felt wrong something felt right
the touch of her hand that look in her eye
sparkles of love dancing in the wine

she touched a part of me I never knew
and I know she was feeling it too
music played our hearts moved in time
until the day when we spilled the wine

(chorus) line 'em up and send 'em down
                  another day another town
                  though she is teardrops in my eyes
                  I am just beerdrops in her wine

with each tear I drink her memory
tried and I tried but she could never see
what about those feelings she tries to hide
or was I just beerdrops in her wine

(chorus)

2 comments:

  1. I could easily see this as a hit country song! Wonderful, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. In the vein of George Jones, Hank Williams Jr. Though not a conscious thought at the time of writing it.

      Delete