Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

I Won't Be




© 2011 Mark Cote

no more living in the shadows
no more living in doubt
gonna see what life has in store
gonna see what it's all about

break theses ties that bind
break these chains that choke
and when the morning comes
you will never know

(chorus) I won't be your monkey wrench
                  I won't be your paper clip
                  waiting at your beckon call
                  or hung upon your hip
                  you're no more a mystery
                  and I won't be...
                  no baby I wont be

are you so clever
are you so smart
you thought you had charmed me
and fooled my heart

whose playing who
whose under the spell
I thought I knew you
you thought you knew me well

(chorus)
(instr)


No comments:

Post a Comment