Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Better Days Ahead




© 2013 Mark Cote

The clouds cried for me when you went away
the strength I learned I must say
I learned from you
but mine is filled with love

I ride the tide I stay the course
the many storms I've endured
been rocked around
but still I don't capsize

(chorus)   Better days ahead
                  just looking to the north you'll find
                  shadows are all behind
                  as you go
                  your steps will show
                  as you learn you grow
                  and leave it all behind
                  better days ahead

Had the wind knocked from my sail
though some may do I don't inhale
don't cloud my mind
just let me forge ahead

If I have to float out all alone
My heart I know will not grow cold
the love inside
will keep me safe and warm

(chorus)

(bridge) If you
               fall overboard
              your wet and unsure
              to sink or swim
              is all that you can do
              to spite them all
              learn to stand tall
              as they look up at you
              while you swim away

(chorus)


1 comment: