Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

In The Ever After



© 2013 Mark Cote

Now the party has ended
people scatter to who knows where
the doorman coughs
but he don't show
his anguish is always there

now the church bells are ringing
politicians on their pay TV
no one cares
they just stare
how the game is shown to be

(chorus)  Where...
                  where will I find the light
                  where I know it's right
                  where...
                  where are the ones I've known
                  where did they go
                  are they here
                  or in the ever after
                  when...
                  when I can just fit in
                  and I can find a friend
                  when...
                  will it be in time
                  or...
                  in the ever after

the schoolhouse now stands empty
a symbol of what life used to be
the sidewalks are bare
people go nowhere
it's all done virtually

social conditioned people
never question what's right or wrong
do what their told
buy what is sold
not a place where I belong

(chorus)
(instrumental)

I've been feeling introspective
your secret's safe right here with me
a heart won't tell
for I know it well
the world that I have seen

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment