Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Love Or Money



© 2013 Mark Cote

My heart is deep
you know it's true
but is that depth
what is meant for you

shiny cars
and caviar
is that more of who you really are

(chorus)  ain't it funny
                  ain't it funny
                  to make a choice of love or money
                  if you have to choose at all
                  it was never really there at all
                  ain't it odd
                  ain't it strange
                  no matter how you rearrange
                  never make a choice of love or money

I may not be smart
but one thing I know
if I had to choose
I'd only let it go

to make it work
to make it through
it takes more than love or money of one but two

(chorus)

the gold won't hold
you in the night
or dry your tears
from the fears you fight

but it can bring
a short mirage
if that's all you want then there you are

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment