Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Is This The Dream



© 2014 Mark Cote

I once caught a glimpse of my future self
with head bowed I saw just how he felt
the world can pull the stars from your eyes
and fill your hopes with words of lies

He never spoke but I felt the words he's saying
be careful boy as you tread the path you're laying
before I could even ask he was gone
and now melancholy years have made me strong

when I close my eyes it all becomes so clear
the mysteries that used to disappear

(chorus)  Is this the dream and the dream reality
                  is what we see not real and real is what we feel
                  eyes open closed now they can see
                  is this the dream and the dream reality

now in the chaos of my silence
old forgotten words now make perfect sense
is it yet too late for me
to change the world that makes up all of me

when I close my eyes it all becomes so clear
the mysteries that used to disappear

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment