Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Lesson Learned



© 2014 Mark Cote

empty souls that prostitute
to corporation greed
on a sunny April morn
another mouth to feed

smiling snakes that will bite
try to poison you
know not what they say
know not what they do

scripted words make me ill
like some ugly jagged pill
the game's the same
changing names
who is really to blame

(chorus)  here I am
                  Lesson learned
                  now I'm so much wiser
                  Though I'm burned
                  walk again
                  my future's so much brighter
                  picking up the pieces
                  down the road I turn
                  lesson learned

everyone is disposable
to a corporate need
chattering mosquitos
prick you 'til you bleed

economic slavery
in this world we live
so much that has been taken
so little that we give

(chorus)

lying here in my bed
I wonder where we'll go
fragile steps unknown road
would be different than we've known


No comments:

Post a Comment