Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

It's Not Me



© 2014 Mark Cote

emotional sand trap pulled me down
I used to wear a smile I wear a frown
but I know it's only locked up in my head
I know I only stumbled I'm not dead

clouded words said to me in vain
like a raincoat worn out in the rain
it didn't make me weak it made me strong
I'm not the same person since you've gone

(chorus)  and when the sun shines again my way
                  there's nothing you can do or you can say
                  for when I found that strength locked up in me
                  your negativity is lost out on the sea
                  It's not me
                  it's not me
                  it's not me

without happiness you feel blind
believing in yourself and you'll be fine
know the words I say are very true
because they worked for me they'll work for you

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment