Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

All The Other Sides



© 2014 Mark Cote

sunshine
as it finally starts to rise
I open up my eyes
and smile
sunshine
warming up my face
no one sees a trace
of you

sunshine
burning up the sky
I have to wonder why
I melt
sunshine
changing into red
before you left you said
goodbye

(chorus) all the other sides
                 keep changing over time
                 keep changing all the time
                 and you
                 all the other sides
                 from shadows left behind
                un-twisted and un-twined
                who knew
                for never can we see
                all the other sides

goodbye
written in the eyes
that once would mystify
my heart
goodbye
sorrys don't justify
the razored tears I cried
in vain
goodbye
shallow minded friends
only want to see you bend
and bleed

(chorus)

blue eyes
felt the bite of green eyed snakes
care not what they take
from dreams
blue eyes
that once were royal blue
over-washed from years gone through
pastel

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment