Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

A Stone Can Bleed



© 2013 Mark Cote

Thought I mastered lonely
just a ship on the sea
thought I knew heartbreak
it could never touch me

you were out of control
how could I know
what was about to be

blinded in her shadow
forgot all the nights
colors of the rainbow
but something's not right

(chorus) if you don't
                 fall on the floor
                 crawl on the floor
                 you'll never believe
                 if you don't walk through the night
                 alone in the fight
                 you may never see
                 that a stone can bleed

hindsight looks so clearly
when you're blind at the start
never know where you've been
'til you're not where you are

you were out of control
how could I know
what was about to be

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment