Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Maybe Just Maybe



© 2014 Mark Cote

painted horse
on pale hot white sand
stealing the souls
of hearts and of man
wintered heart
 in a summer soul
in un-bridled dreams
there's never snow

the rings on a tree
the lines on a face
stories etched
we cannot erase
what we learned
what we can teach
we are just fish
in an endless sea

(chorus) and maybe
                I'll go for a walk on a beach
                and maybe
                I have something to teach
                maybe
                I'll find something in myself
                maybe
                it's so much more than I felt
                maybe
                just maybe

shadows in silence
can crowd a mind
with memories
I don't want to find
my calendar
has turned the page
footprints of the past
they still remain

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment