Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Pop Rocks And A Bottle Of Wine



© 2015 Mark Cote

She's got the smile of a child
a soul so wild
when I'm with her I just hang on
roller coaster ride all around the world

she's the hook in a song
and hearts sing along
dancing to a tune that's all her own
as the jukebox plays we're tappin' our toes

(chorus) Just like pop rocks and a bottle of wine
                  something silly and something fine
                  she can mix it and make it glow
                  something special I already know
                  I don't know how but she does it for me
                  I'm in love with her she's in love with me
                  like pop rocks and a bottle of wine

through the grey on a day
she's on her way
painting in hues of yet to be's
dreamer sees colors we cannot see

she's a twist of lime
a spicy drink
when life is dull she tastes unique
but she's smooth going down like a glass of chablis

(chorus)
(instrumental)
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment