Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Where Are You Tomorrow



© 2015 Mark Cote

Pennies I've found but never spent
I knew the route but never went
what is it about me
maybe just my geography

no roots in this hardened ground
no connections I have found
can I find that inner strength
to build a life where I've never been

(chorus) Where are you tomorrow
                  why won't you show me the way
                  when I have next week to borrow
                  you turn into today
                  where are you tomorrow
                  when yesterday brings me sorrow
                  I'll follow the sun

what will I find when I get there
will it welcome me or will I just stare
either way I will adjust
either way I know I must

to travel these many winding roads
to follow the warmth to where it goes
sand castle dream may you not wash away
wandering heart may you never stray.

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment