Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Pretend I Wasn't Here



© 2015 Mark Cote

vivid colors
don't mix pastel
my fluid thoughts
I cannot tell

small town talk
doesn't want to know
a wounded heart
depth of a soul

when the bubble burst
masks came off
what I saw
was not enough

(chorus) Into the night
                  on Poe's raven
                  I take flight
                  misunderstood
                  and out of sight
                  no one looks
                  it's really quite clear
                  so pretend I
                  just wasn't here


among yourselves
life's the same
players may change
but the game's the same

means to an end
it's run it's course
I turn the page
with no remorse

memories fade
and so will I
melting clouds
blend into sky

(chorus)

May it end
on a happy note
may I leave a lump
in your throat

The other side
is not as bad
as shadows I was
the life I had

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment