Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

A Bit of Insincerity




© 2016 Mark Cote

I see a sea of smiles and hear a flood of how are you's
I'm just wondering which part of it all is true

and while you speak all about the way it all should be
I just wonder how much you practice what you preach

(chorus) Goodbye clueless hospitality
                  at least to me you're no more mystery
                  is that really you whose trying to get to me
                  well I smell a bit of insincerity

black and white
ain't so bright
when all you see is grey
the words you shout
aren't so loud
when you have nothing to say
so is it true
who are you
who are you today

(chorus)

plastic love can sometimes seem so real
but deep within is it how you really feel

candy hearts do they really taste so sweet
when you are sweeping them up at your feet

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment