Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

What More Do You Want from Me?



© 2016 Mark Cote

spent years at the bottom
and I found myself
but for years now I wonder
what more of me is left

still the same old shoes
as I twist my neck
with this new perspective
I no longer can connect

(chorus) I'm down on the floor
                  I'm down on my knees
                  you've already brought me down
                  what more do you want from me
                  should I see something more
                  what more could I see
                  life already brought me down
                  what more do you want from me

learned to walk alone
and hold my light
when no one reached out
I held on tight
something in me
I found to believe
religion for some
so much more I perceive

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment