Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Don't Get Me Started



© 2016 Mark Cote

when in the South
well shut your mouth
don't let the good 'ole boys
get to you

when traveling west
do your best
put on your shades
but don't you
look at the sun

(chorus) don't get me started
                  how we departed
                  now the winds will blow
                  wherever I go
                  and now I know
                  now I know
                  just don't get me started

the warmth up north
the heat that you feel
but is it really
what you believe?

into the dark you carry the light
but into the light you carry the night
you can never
run from you

(chorus)
(instrumental)

the nightmare
the dream
you can never scream
and willow tears dry
in the sun

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment