Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Try To Pick My Brain



© 2016 Mark Cote

Play music you think I like
sing along and hope I'll bite
you really don't know me at all
shaking the tree hoping I'll fall

sideways talk try to rile me up
hoping maybe I'll spill my cup
but what I drink is much more sweet
than the sour soul you drink and eat

(chorus) Good ole boy try to pick my brain
                  good ole boy are you insane
                  not gonna get fooled again
                  not gonna just make me bend
                  you're never going to derail this train
                  good ole boy try to pick my brain

with fake compassion you'll never know
the paths I've walked or where I go
so out of touch you are so far
like on the moon when I am the stars

why should I even trust in you
when all you want is what's best for you

(chorus)




No comments:

Post a Comment