Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

She's As Good As Gone To Me



© 2017 Mark Cote

somewhere in Milwaukee
it could’ve been June
when we shot for the stars
but lassoed the moon

while I gave it my best
she still wanted more
we'd smile and we'd laugh
but I still was unsure

(chorus) sitting in the moonlight
                  waiting on the sun
                  wondering where on it was
                  that she came undone
                  though to the world
                  a couple's what they see
                  she's as good as gone to me
                  although it's not the way I thought it would be
                  she's as good as gone to me

into her eyes
the mirrors they shine
but behind the glass
something's un-twined

should we follow this path
and just close our eyes
or separate paths
and just say goodbye

(chorus)
(instrumental)

she says we're drifting apart
but was she even there
as a shooting star falls
I sit and stare

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment