Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Apathy



© 2017 Mark Cote

donut glazed eyes looking at me
say it's everyone's responsibility
nobody acknowledges what that means
oh yeah, complacency

supposed to do this
not supposed to do that
do you really know where it's at?
just some more complacency

(chorus) oh ho ho apathy
                  don't sit your lazy self down on me
                  oh ho ho apathy
                  I won't get drunk on what you drink
                  can't get out of your own way
                  that's all I can say
                  oh ho ho apathy

you think you know me
but I'm more than you see
my colors are more than shades of green
a bit more dignity

(bridge) you'll never change
                  'cause you can't see
                  when you're looking at you
                  you are looking at me
                  but only through apathy

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment