Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

8 Miles From The City Line



© 2017 Mark Cote

wondering eyes saw the glow
with so many dreams one may never know
he knew he didn't belong where he was
didn't know why but just because

8 miles to go

trying to be strong
they hear the music but don't sing the song
so many places I wanna go
wish I could hide inside my radio

8 more miles to go

(chorus) 8 miles from the city line
                  always
                  8 miles from the city line
                  8 miles is where I'll find
                  seems so close but so far away
                  maybe I'll get there some old day
                  doing what it takes to just get by
                  still I'm
                  8 miles from the city line

(instrumental)

the ones I've been waiting for
kindred dreams where minds explore
a place where we speak the same
where it's not the same old game

8 miles to go

digging each day in the sand
living life for another's hand
sold short of what I could be
where ones who are blind mock ones who see

8 more miles to go

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment