Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Blue Tinsel Days



© 2013 Mark Cote

Carolers sing
sleigh bells they ring
happiness seems so brand new

the warmth in my heart
the chill in the air
contrasting love we once knew

chilling each tear
each one that flows
the snow angels they feel it too

(chorus) flash of light
                  in the night
                  red green and white
                  the holidays don't feel the same
                  flash of light
                  in the night
                  blue tinsel days
                  I can't think of of what I should say
                  and I don't know whose really to blame
                  no, I don't know whose really to blame

when she went away
my heart came unglued
can't seem to mend it it's true

I wonder why
why I'm so blue
I guess I'm still missing you

(chorus)

clock on the wall
stop staring at me
stop waving your hands all around

for me time stood still
and always will
the day she stopped coming around

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment