Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Nightingale



© 2013 Mark Cote

What if blue ridge hills hide sunny skies
and tear-stained sad hide happy eyes
oh, you know my feet never hit the ground
when thoughts of you start coming around
oh oh Nightingale

the sea breeze chills that fill the air
is not so cold when you are there
a long road this path we're on
from our shadows grows a brand new dawn

(chorus) Nightingale....
                  do you think of me like I think of you
                  do you feel my love
                  when you're feeling blue
                  through the storm
                  our love prevails
                  oh oh Nightingale

to give our hearts just one more try
when the hurt and pain made us want to cry
I can see the spark left within your eyes
I hope you see the same in mine

(chorus)
(instrumental)

so walk the sands here by my side
we'll ride the waves we'll dance the tides
for now our search has reached an end
to you my life I do depend

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment