Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Pothole On The Road To Heaven



© 2018 Mark Cote

nosebleed school days trying to prove who you are
puffing yourself up didn't get you that far
Daddy always knew the right things
in wisdom with what he'd say

(chorus) He'd say
                 life is just a pothole on the road to get to heaven
                 when you've given 10 he'll take you to 11
                 just hold on and keep your eyes straight ahead
                 because life is just a pothole on the road to get to heaven

tear-stained summer days raining without end
But mother could fix the rips with comfort she would mend
propping me back up to face it all again
and reassuring words and this is what she said

(chorus)  she'd say
                  life is just a pothole on the road to get to heaven
                  when you've given 10 he'll take you to 11
                  just hold on and keep your eyes straight ahead
                  because life is just a pothole on the road to get to heaven

down this long long road feeling I am nearing my mortal end
kneeling by my side a robed man who is my friend
Looking in his eyes I could see another world
gently in my ear this is the words that I heard

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment