Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

It's Never Easy



© 2012 Mark Cote

I could say I was lonely
I could say you were the only, only one
but would it all change
would it even matter at all

Down a trail of my dried tears
now living alone in my fears
trust now rearranged
empty mirror shattered wall

(chorus) It's never easy
                  letting go
                  it's never easy
                  letting it show
                  When your heart's been kissed
                  so deeply you know
                  it's never easy
                  letting go

I could say I was fine
you could turn back the hands, hands of time
with a simple look
my heart's a fish on a hook

you could say all is forgiven
How would I know since I've been bitten
now so unsure
trust is no longer pure

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment