Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

I May Never Know Just Why

Nothing to say
when you went away
You made your mind up
anyway
Forgotten dream
and happy times
You left it all behind

And now the darkness
is my sun
Through the paces
get it done
When shallow people
look my way
I've no words to say

(chorus) Trying to think
                  Of just why
                  You went away
                   I couldn't cry
                  Rippled confusion
                  I can't hide
                  I may never know
                  Just why

Melancholy
such a friend
Hiding bruises
never mend
Tomorrows hopes
are farther still
Looking through the rain

I wanted love
She had to go
Butterflies
Don't live in snow
so many things
I'll never know
I'll never know at all

(chorus)

time away
your growing strong
forever isn't
very long
years are lost
and love is gone
you gave up on me

battered hearts
and empty shells
holding love
not to sell
I thought I knew
knew you well
I was blind to see

(chorus)


1 comment: