Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Can I take You To The Prom

© 2010 Mark Cote

as a boy
I always tried to do my best
never missed a class
never failed a test

the one I never knew
didn't think I had a chance
never been to the prom
never been to the dance
always to shy to say...

(chorus) Can I take you to the prom
                can I relive those years
                like an unfinished song
                now plays sweet in my ear
                Lets dance 'til the dawn
                'til there's nobody here
                can I take you to the prom

time moves on
realized what I had missed
never felt the touch of a hug
nor the warmth of a kiss

when I looked into your eyes
it all was crystal clear
I found what I missed
all those many years
Now I knew what to say...

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment