Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nashville At Night

© 2010 Mark Cote

inspiration born in a cave
somebody's hands somebody's slave
you do what you do just to get by
but this dreamer looks up to the colored sky

Quill of blood, quill of tears
flow through the mind of so many years
the loving dove that flies from the hand
is better to see than shifting sands.

(bridge) I know, I'm on the right road
                 but still, have a ways to go
                 but it's where I'm gonna be... Wait and see

(chorus) Nashville at night not many can see
                how symbolic it is to me
                let the rain come pouring down
                In the dark of the night I know I've been found

Is anyone out there in this new world
or do hands reach out still stay curled
scented wind blows my way
I breathe it in and I'm OK

(bridge)
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment