Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Man Who Saw Tomorrow

© 2011 Mark Cote

through the dawn do you see the night
or the pink and purple of morning light...
even though they call my name
empty faces look the same
for in their eyes I do not see
the spark of life I really need

(chorus) The man
                who saw tomorrow
                saw
                love or the sorrow
                saw
                if you just believe
                it's all up to you and me...

in the hourglass I see
better speak of the misery
the drudgery
the redundancy...
don't speak of dreams you cannot see
apathetic eyes will never see

(chorus)

The less you think, the less you know
the less you feel the more you'll need...
take from ones who try to feed
in the name of power the name of greed
they hold your world in their hand
illusions of pleasure lands

(chorus)

blindfolded aristocracy
lead me to mediocrity
a door a store a factory
through all the hypocrisy
a sunny day I finally see

(chorus)
it's all up to you and me
it's all up to you and me
(fade)


No comments:

Post a Comment