Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

If I Hadn't Met You I would've Dreamed You Up Anyway

© 2011 Mark Cote

The noisy clock that breaks my sleep
it doesn't smile it's not that sweet
instead a kiss upon my face
the honeydew I know the taste
what can I say
if I hadn't met you, I would’ve dreamed you up anyway

robin dancing in the tree
he sings his song and looks at me
I know the love within a song
without a word can be so strong
hey hey hey
if I hadn't met you, I would’ve dreamed you up anyway

(chorus) off the ground
                (when the world gets heavy)
                without a sound
                (you come and live inside me)
                How glad am I
                if I hadn't met you, I would’ve dreamed you up anyway

mystery that pulled me through
I never saw I never knew
you were always on my mind
when skies were grey it always shined
sunrise in May
if I hadn't met you, I would’ve dreamed you up anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment