Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Inside Myself

© 2011 Mark Cote

inside myself
when the laughter and the clatter are missing just one more
does it matter anymore
as I walk along the shore
I feel so small
as it wraps around me

inside myself
where faces never change and never run away
or never die away
have a bad word to say
you look my way
you see right through me

(chorus) when you look around
                for that smile I used to smile
                and all you see are fences
                it's not because of you
                it's the world I knew
                that clouded up my mind
               and blinded all my senses

inside myself
just a short road down but such a long climb out
from a world without
footsteps of doubt
who do you trust
and who will love me

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment