Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

I'll Take It On The Chin

© 2011 Mark Cote

This roller coaster ride is a merry go round
sometimes we're up sometimes we're down
my weary tears fall from your sky
but when the magic is there it's the 4th of July

the tide it comes, the tide it goes

the lonely moon can't escape the day
just like us it can't run away
there's something between us we don't know
we sometimes leave but we don't go

the tide it comes the tide it goes

(chorus) it may be a sin from where we've been
                 maybe bizarre from where we are
                what do I do about me and you
                what do I do with a girl like you
                considering where we've been
                I'll take it on the chin

did you dream up me did I dream up you
taken from the best in what we do
see it in your eyes see it in mine
as far and near as the sunshine

the tide it comes the tide it goes

(chorus)


2 comments:

  1. Catchy and engaging lyrics. Well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leeza. Interestingly I had no song melody in mind on this one. Just knew what I wanted to describe. As is the case for so many of my songs this one too is very close to my heart.

      Delete