Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Missed The Boat

© 2012 Mark Cote

On the page I see your face
little girl dancing out in the sun
but the choices that we made
and the lives that we've become

at the crossroads we were scared
but time kept marching on and on
in the wind there are my words
in my heart there is your song

(chorus) I missed the boat
                now it's gone
                but the memory lingers on
                like a wave in my mind
                comes back to me all the time

as rainy tears wash on by
see the rainbow just out of reach
regrets of yesterday
as I sit out on the beach

when I dream I think of you
do you dream and think of me

(chorus)

2 comments:

  1. This is marvelous, Mark. I'd love to hear it sung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leeza for commenting directly here. Yes I based it roughly on Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks. This one is close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete