Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

In This Orchestra

© 2012 Mark Cote

I love you
I hate you
I can never replace you
we're 2 strings on a guitar
a guitar of love
playing out our part
in a symphony
a symphony of life

listen to the choir
sing in harmony
doesn't sound the same to me
if we don't resonate the tones
we both play all alone

(chorus) in this orchestra
                where we all play a part
                in this orchestra
                if we play from heart to heart
                and though the words we know may never come
                you're a part of me
                in this orchestra

distant drums
never sound the same
to ears that hear the pain
a whisper on the wind
or a cynic's grin

and though
we've played the notes all wrong
the feeling comes along

(chorus)
(instrumental)

when
the song we play is sad
we draw from what we had
yeah...

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment