Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sister Of Yesterday

© 2012 Mark Cote

this isolated sadness
olive branches die
have to do it all again
don't have the strength to try

reaching through the darkness are
temporary words
try to hold me to the dawn
if in my arms they were

(chorus) turn the leaf turn the page
                   and watch it blow away
                   turn the day turn the night
                   know it will never change
                   sister of yesterday
                   when I'm all alone
                   sister of yesterday
                   come and take me home

Sunny in the night I see
midnight every day
reverse the world that you know
you'll know best what to say

In the silence of the moon
I have to walk alone
the ones who I gave my heart
were cold as a stone

(chorus)

Three white horses come for me
three blind mice they cry
melancholy destiny
like a bird I fly

as I'm rising up I hear
as I'm looking down
a lonely whip-poor-will sing
silent in the town

(chorus)



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Sorry if the topic is so dark. But also glad it is well received.

      Delete