Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Don't Take It Away

© 2011 Mark Cote

sun on my face wakes me up
hearing the robin's sing
dew on my tongue tastes so sweet
with the love mother nature brings

stream of life wanders through a quiet country knoll
lie before me the colors I see as leisurely I stroll
what flows to the sea
eventually
will be our reality

(chorus) Don't take
                  don't take
                  take it away
                  Don't take
                  don't take
                  take it away
                  let's live for tomorrow and not for today
                  and don't take
                  take it away

slimy seas are not for me
echoes from the deep
all we do is wonder why
as the octopus he sleeps

swim with the fishes you know them all
it makes you feel big
it makes me feel small

(chorus)

(instrumental)

manmade air
manmade food
manmade me
manmade you

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment