Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

You Saw The Best In Me From The Start



© 2011 Mark Cote

Some have called me a loser
since they took it all from me
some have called me a loner
but I see more than what they see
and you always knew I did
from the start

cannot touch tomorrows
'til we give up our yesterdays
looking in the mirror
thought my past was too much to take
but you always lifted me
from the start

(chorus)  you believed in me
                  when no one else could see
                  and sometimes I doubted myself
                  but you saw the best in me
                  from the start

though you have never held me
I hold you inside my heart
wanted to tell you I love you
did you feel the same way for me
and I think you always did
from the start

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment