Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Heart's Desire



© 2011 Mark Cote

why do I
get this feeling all the time
every time you speak those words to me

hearts in time
on this trail that we ride
we laugh together side by side

(bridge)  every time
                  I'm with you
                  I think that I'm on fire
                  but I know
                  I am not
                  it's just my heart
                  heart's desire

(chorus)  heart's desire
                  from the North's cold and grey
                  heart's desire
                  to the Spring of a summer day
                  ride this wave that takes us higher
                  on the wave of
                  our heart's desire

Some day
when we should be hand in hand
but until that day I understand

in a dream
I am in yours you're in mine
maybe tomorrow we will find

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment