Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

You Make Me Wanna Be Lonely



© 2013 Mark Cote

How are you
how are we
this is all that's left to be
half-hearted smiles
'cause we know where we've been
the bridge is burned
to not cross again
no no
I may be lonely
but I'd rather be lonely again

(chorus) You make me wanna be
                 you make me wanna be
                 you make me wanna be lonely
                 you make me wanna be lonely again

city girl
country boy
was I just your house boy
I learned in time
you're nice when you want
when you don't
you poke and taunt
no no
I'm not the only
you've made want to be lonely again

(chorus)

Crescent moon
smile on me
you knew this was meant to be
without a word
for we walk alone
taxi for one
on our way home
oh no
if love will be stony
I'd rather be lonely again

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment